Special workshop with Petri and Juha 8-10th October 2021
Astanga Yoga School Helsinki, Finland
Address: Annankatu 29B, courtyard, 00100 Helsinki
Special classes will be also streamed online
Notice to EU/Schengen and UK Astangis: Finland allows you to enter the country freely with full Covid-19 vaccination. If you got only partial vaccination or just a negative Covid-19 test prior to entry, you may have to take here a new test within 3-5 days, see the entry rules here.
You may find flights with good prices from Finnair.
Notice to Helsinki Yogaschool students: If you have an one-buy Anytime card, you will get it prolonged for 3 days free of charge if you attend the full morning yoga program (does not apply to 12 months contract).
In this workshop Petri and Juha will guide and assist the Ashtanga yoga practitioners in their Mysore style practice. Petri and Juha will also give special classes on Astanga Yoga, its methods, and the nature of Spirituality. Workshop includes program on yogasana therapy, yoga philosophy, pranayama and meditation. Workshop is international, teaching and meetings will be presented primarily in English.
The Special classes theme is Lengthening the body – how to create maximum length of the limbs in the asanas. How stretching is strengthening and balancing our mind. Theory and practice. In this workshop we are practicing how to find the space in a gentle and safe, but effective ways. The Special program has two parts (classes):
Part 1 on Saturday: Juha will guide the participants through some of the Ashtanga poses to have specific experiences on stretching and lentghening. In this class you will also practice some hands-on techniques, how to deepen the strechings by doing traditional asana adjustments. You will also learn some mental and energetic principles, you may apply in your own practice or teachings.
Part 2 on Sunday: Petri will guide the participants into a bone setting technique (a healing method) originally called “limb lengthening”, which Petri has modified for asana adjustments to create a maximum length for limbs. This will not only take you to the next level in the asana, but also release the tensions and pains from the body.
Down in this page you can create your Helsinki Yogaschool student account, you can buy workshop class pass or drop-in tickets, and you can to sign up into Ashtanga morning practices and special lectures.
Astanga Mysore style
- Friday: 6:00 – 9:00 am, starting times every 30 minutes between 5:45 – 7:30. UPSTAIRS Shala (2nd floor)
- Saturday and Sunday: 7:15 – 10:30, starting times every 30 minutes between 7:30 – 9:00. Upstairs shala (2nd floor)
classes include Pranayama and Meditation
- Friday 16:30-18:15 Lecture in Yoga Philosophy ”Is Ashtanga Yoga Religious Practice?” / Petri & Juha (-1st floor)
- Saturday 13:15 – 15 Special class on Yoga Chikitsa – Asana lab on lengthening and opening the body and mind, part 1 / Juha (2nd floor)
- Sunday 11:15 – 13 Special class in Yoga Chikitsa – Asana lab on lengthening and opening the body and mind, part 2 / Petri (2nd floor)
- Yoga and special classes 3 days 169 € / 145 €
- Yoga only 3 days 79 € / 69 €
- Yoga drop-in 29 € / 25 €
- Special classes only 3 days 99 € / 89 €
- Special class drop-in 35 € / 29 €
Petri Räisänen, a father of three children, is internationally known and respected Ashtanga Yoga teacher. In his yogic path Petri has studied with many respected Ashtanga Yoga teachers such as Derek Ireland (his first certified teacher), Radha Warrel, Gwendoline Hunt, Lino Miele and Eddie Stern, in addition to R. Sharath Jois and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. His special project has been the two Ashtanga Yoga books, Yoga Chikitsa and Nadi Shodhana, published in Finnish and in English.
Petri focuses on integrating healing and therapy with yoga, meeting student’s individual needs and guiding their progress. Petri’s yoga pose adjustments are gentle, effective, therapeutic and, according to some, almost magical, and originate (besides his own practice and teaching) from his past work as a traditional Finnish folk healer and naturopath.
Juha Javanainen, a father of five children, has practiced Ashtanga yoga with Radha Warrell, Derek Ireland, Lino Miele and Eddie Stern, in addition to R. Sharath Jois and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
Juha continues to teach in Helsinki while working also as a yoga school director. Juha also continues to study and to practice Ashtanga Yoga as taught by Pattabhi Jois and T. Krishnamacharya. He is also studying the Yoga Philosophy of Patanjali. His special project was to translate the primary work of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois on Astanga Yoga, the book called Yoga Mala, into Finnish in 2002.
Juha wishes to share his experiences on practice and teaching, how to work with the body&mind for healing purposes within the yoga practice.
Petri and Juha are the co-founders of Ashtanga Yoga Helsinki, and Sri K Pattabhi Jois blessed the school in 1997 to teach the traditional Astanga Yoga method.
Registrations and payments guide
We are using MindBody system for schelduling, sign-ups and payments. You need to create a student account under Helsingin Astanga Joogakoulu to book and pay the workshop classes, please follow the guideline below:
1) Create your ”Helsingin Astanga Joogakoulu” student account here, if you do not have the account yet.
Note: See the guide for detailed steps and instructions on creating and using MindBody account and booking classes.
2) Order the workshop pass or drop-in class tickets below.
– At the moment our Online store does not collect payments!
– Online Store cart just saves workshop passes or class tickets into your Yoga account.
– Saved passes should be paid by bank transfer (email to get an invoice with bank transfer details) or at the workshop.
– Online classes should be paid prior to the class, please contact us with the email-form below.
3) Sign up to mysore class starting times and special classes you wish to attend at the workshop schedule below.
Note: You may book only one mysore starting time per day.
We love silence, emails preferred <3
+358 50 3312993 (sms) / Juha
Call time Mon-Thu 12-13 EET (UTC+03:00)
If you don’t get through by phone, please send us email or sms.
In case you have trouble creating the student account, buying a class pass or booking classes, please email us:
Buy workshop passes or drop-in tickets
|Available passes||Normal price||Reduced price||Online price|
|Full workshop 3 days pass|| 169 €
|| 145 €
|Yoga only 3 days pass|| 79 €
|| 69 €
|Special classes only 3 days pass|| 99 €
|| 89 €
|| 69 €
|Morning yoga drop-in|| 29 €
|| 25 €
|Special class drop-in|| 35 €
|| 29 €
|| 25 €
|The reduced prices are valid for practitioners under 18 years, students (show your student card at the shala), maternal leave, unemployed (show a document), and pensionates.|